Tuesday, December 13, 2005

On The 4th Day Of Christmas...

I'd like a time machine. I want to go back in time and tell my past self not to make certain bad decisions. Yeah, yeah, I know, life is a journey and I'm the person I am because I learned from my mistakes, blah, blah, blah. Screw the journey. I wanted a much less bumpy ride. They say hindsight is 20/20. Well in hindsight there's a lot of things I wish I'd done differently. I wish I'd taken the road not taken in a few instances. The philosophical would say that I'm a better person for having experienced the things I have. Without the mistakes I'm pretty damn sure I'd be a pretty damn good person anyway, but with a lot more fame and fortune. C'mon, honestly in your heart of hearts who wouldn't choose to go back and give their past selves even a little advice to avoid certain things? It worked out pretty good for Marty McFly didn't it?

12 comments:

Heidi said...

I think about this often..I call it " the what if's". I would go back in a heart beat if i could.

Natalia said...

Have you seen butterfly effect? It's a bit over the top in the drama but I believe that if you did go back and changed something it would have ripples and some of those ripples you caused would be detrimental. I believe in Karma and things coming back around. Some things you have to learn the hard way and having an easier ride might prove a harder ride eventually. Just my $0.02.

-N

Princess Pessimism said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Princess Pessimism said...

I have always taken the road less travelled, and that has made all the difference! *Excuse the poetic copyright*

berly02 said...

It did totally work for McFly.
And if it works in the movies . . .

Lindsey said...

No Kelly Clarkson playing in your background huh?

Phil said...

No Kelly Clarkson for me Linny.

Natalia- My point is that maybe I don't need to learn hard lessons. I may be wiser, but am I necessarily happier?

Princess- If you've taken the road, then it's not the one less travelled is it?

x said...

Phil I found you in Heidi's site. If i could change one thing, i would go back in time and not return to greece after my studies had ended.

Phil said...

Michigan- It's nice to see that you're still alive out there.

Chloe- Welcome to my blog. It's nice to meet you.

Natalia said...

Phil-

What if the ripple you caused made you wheelchair bound? Or what if your kids had never been born. All I am saying is that hings happen for a reason. And to me, wiser is always happier.

-N

Sherri Sanders said...

This is a good topic. Although there are several things I wish I hadn't done, or done differently, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't change a thing.

Spider Girl said...

I'd like to go back in time and tell my awkward and picked-upon thirteen-year-old self that everything turns out very nicely. :)

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe