
This is an update to my previous post on Aug. 9th, A Very Funny Band, A Very Funny Song. On a whim I e-mailed the link to that post to the "contact us" e-mail address on the bands website. A day later I received an e-mail which simply said, "Thanks for that you fabulous tastemaker." So I e-mailed back, "Thanks for your sarcasm. It was so sharp I nearly cut myself." I then received another e-mail from the bands contact person who claimed to be sincere. I got curious as to who affiliated with the band would spend the time to exchange sarcastic e-mails with me. I went to their website and looked in the "bio" section. It turns out that the person e-mailing me appears to be the lead singer. In a couple more e-mails that were exchanged she explained that this is their first CD and that they do all their own publicity, scheduling of shows etc. I hooked her up with the contact info for the programming director of my cities best independent radio station in hopes of bringing them here for a show or at least getting them a little more well-deserved exposure. Needless to say, if a band is nice enough to e-mail me more than once, then they deserve the official designation of Official Band of The Phil Factor. It's a very prestigious title that was not even granted to The Beatles,WHAM!, or David Hasselhoff. I'm sure they're busy inscribing that on their resume right now. As I previously said, they appear to be good people with my sense of humor, so they deserve all the support I can give them. Their website is now at the bottom of my link list and if any of you can tell me how to make a special titled category for the link I'll do that next. BTW, they have MP3 downloads of their songs on their website.
10 comments:
On your template about halfway down it should say something like the following --except where I put parenthesis you should have < for ( or this > for )
(MainOrArchivePage)
(h2 class="sidebar-title")Official Band of The Phil Factor(/h2)
(li)(a href="http://jesushchristrocks.com/")Jesus H. Christ and the Four Horsemen of the Apocolypes(/a((/li)
again replacing any parenthesis with an < or >
ooops anyway where it says main archive pages...you can paste whatever you like...i just put in the official band thingy :)
then below that link title you put he link.....i am sure someone else is much better at explaining this than I.
and way cool of you to help them out!
I hope none of them need glasses :o)
Hysterical Album cover and titles. Love the blog!
Thanks Sunny, I'll try that. You're as brilliant as ever!
Michelle- LOL!
Pamela- Thanks, it's nice to meet you. Welcome to The Phil Factor!
That's right up my alley, actually.
-N
Natalia- Really, that's your kind of music?
CC- You'll get there, I promise. The next time I have more than 5 minutes online I promise you'll be added.
Now that you got an official band, I think you need an official mascot too, How about a clown?
how many people are in that band???
G-Man- That's a good idea. If I am to designate a mascot it's definitely going to be the clown in that picture.
Princess- There's 8 people in the band. They have a 4 piece horn section. How can you not like a band with a horn section?
Post a Comment